IGS continues to follow the latest advice from NSW Health. Our registration as a COVID-safe organisation is a result of careful planning and taking ongoing action in the following areas:
No one who is unwell is permitted on campus.
Adults who are not double vaccinated are not permitted on campus.
All adults and High School students must wear masks while on campus. Masks are recommended for younger students.
Campus entry restrictions
Non-essential visitors are not permitted on school sites.
Parents and carers must follow our School’s advice regarding changes to student drop off and pick up. This includes staying in the car when dropping off and picking up children if it is safe to do so. This does not apply to drop off and pick up from OSHC as sign in and out procedures are required.
• Follow the physical distancing advice for their local area and avoid gathering outside of school gates.
• Remain outside of school grounds
• Adhere to mask-wearing requirements and sign-in using the Service NSW QR code when entering the school.
QR code sign-in process for all staff and visitors
The NSW Government have introduced mandatory QR codes across a range of additional settings, including schools. Staff and on-site visitors, including contractors, will be required to check in every day.
Masks and face coverings
While at school, masks or face coverings are required in all indoor settings for:
• all students in Year 7 or above
• all staff in school settings.
Some exemptions apply:
• Staff are not required to wear a mask or face covering where it may affect the ability of a student or students to hear or engage with them, such as where clear enunciation and communication is essential.
• As per the broader health advice, early childhood staff are exempt from wearing face masks when they are working directly with children. However, staff are recommended to wear masks or face coverings otherwise, whenever indoors.
• Masks or face coverings are not required to be worn by a staff member or student who has a physical or mental health illness or condition, or disability, that makes wearing a mask unsuitable. For example, if they have a skin condition, an intellectual disability, autism, or trauma, they are not required to wear a mask. Refer to Face mask rules on the NSW Government website.
Masks are mandatory on public transport. This applies to students aged 13 years and over, and staff when travelling to and from school and during school excursions by public transport or by chartered or private transport services.
Please test and self isolate
Staff and students should not attend work or school if unwell, even with mild symptoms of COVID-19. Any person with any COVID-19 symptoms should be sent home and not return to school unless:
- they have isolated for 10 days, when no medical certificate is available
- they have a negative COVID-19 test result and are symptom free
- In circumstances where children or staff have other medical reasons for recurrent symptoms, a letter from their GP is sufficient to negate the requirement for a negative test.
Thank you for complying with the NSW Government’s COVID-19 regulations which can be found on the NSW Health website.
More on testing and isolating when necessary
If your child has been in any NSW COVID-19 hotspots or in contact with anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, they must not return to School until after the 14 day isolation period.
We ask that all members of our school community watch out for COVID-19 symptoms (such as fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell) and get tested immediately at any NSW Health clinic or hospital should they experience symptoms.
IGS continues to follow the latest advice from NSW Health, the NSW Government and The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC).
Staff receive regular information and training on COVID-19, including when to get tested, physical distancing and cleaning; and are aware of their leave entitlements if they are sick or required to self-isolate.
Hygiene marshals voluntarily help keep staff, students and visitors safe on campus.
We display conditions of entry to our campus for staff, students and visitors. (website, social media, entry points)
IGS ongoing COVID-19 Safety Plan:
To avoid crowding and close proximity where practicable, we assign staff to specific work locations and minimise staff movement between these locations, where reasonably practical.
We have plans and systems in place to monitor and control the numbers of staff and students on campus at any given time to allow for physical distancing.
We use flexible working arrangements where possible, such as working from home, early and late shifts to reduce peak periods.
Reception and the IT help desk have been fitted with perspex barriers and are implementing a range of controls to ensure staff, students and visitors at interaction points stay at a safe distance and are protected from cross-contamination.
We ensure staff maintain 1.5 metres physical distancing at all times from each other and from students (including at meal breaks), and ensure that students respect this distancing requirement. Staff use telephone or videoconferencing for essential meetings where practical rather than in-person meetings.
We are reviewing regular deliveries and have requested contactless delivery and invoicing where practical.
We display signage near lifts directing staff and students to maintain physical distancing wherever practical with 2 people max using a lift at a time.
– Staff only handle their own computers, book and bags where possible
– Air-conditioning is set to external airflow rather than recirculation where possible. Windows and doors in classrooms and staffrooms are open for airflow where possible.
– Gatherings outside the School gates are discouraged.
Hygiene and cleaning
Students are regularly reminded to wash their hands frequently and carefully throughout the day and to avoid hugging their classmates.
We provide hand sanitiser at multiple locations throughout the School.
We provide detergent/disinfectant surface wipes to clean workstations and equipment such as monitor, phone, keyboard and mouse.
We ensure bathrooms are well stocked with anti-bacterial hand soap and paper towels, and have posters with instructions on how to wash hands effectively.
We clean frequently used areas at least daily with detergent or disinfectant. Clean frequently touched areas and surfaces.
We maintain disinfectant solutions at an appropriate strength and use in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Staff wear gloves when cleaning and wash hands thoroughly before and after with soap and water.
We keep the names, mobile numbers or email addresses for all staff, students, visitors and contractors for a period of at least 28 days. These records are only to be used for tracing COVID-19 infections and are stored confidentially and securely.
Our staff are aware of the COVIDSafe app and the proposed benefits of the app to support contact tracing if required.
Cooperation with NSW Health
We will cooperate fully with NSW Health if contacted in relation to a positive case of COVID-19 at our School and are ready to notify SafeWork NSW on 13 10 50 if necessary.