IGS has achieved strong results in the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) in National Assessment Program – Literacy And Numeracy (NAPLAN) tests.
“I am delighted to announce that IGS students have excelled in all areas of literacy and numeracy,” said IGS Head of Research and Innovative Learning Jacqui Baker.
- All year levels performed well above the State in all test domains.
- Year 3 performed well above Association of Independent Schools (AIS) in reading and grammar and punctuation.
- Year 5 performed well above AIS schools in grammar and punctuation, reading and numeracy, with growth well above AIS and State schools in all test domains.
- Year 7 growth was well above AIS schools in spelling, reading and writing.
- Year 9 growth was well above AIS schools in spelling, reading, grammar and punctuation and numeracy.
“These outstanding results reaffirm our current literacy and numeracy strategies and will inform further strategic planning for the year ahead,” Ms Baker said.
“Teachers will now be analysing individual student data in the context of all formative and summative assessment collected throughout the year as they consider student learning progressions in literacy and numeracy.
“We are very proud of our students and warmly congratulate all students and their teachers on these outstanding results.”