Primary Digital Innovator, educator and eSafety Coordinator
Our commitment to limitless learning provides a supportive, collegial environment, with local and international professional development opportunities.
Having taught internationally for over 12 years and as a father of bilingual children, IGS is the perfect fit for me. IGS offers students the right tools and perspective to succeed in today’s global society.
Working at IGS
All staff at IGS work to enhance student learning within the School. Our teaching staff work alongside the administrative and support staff to provide an environment that promotes learning, understanding and tolerance.
Our strong academic focus and commitment to limitless learning nurture students’ curiosity. We build positive relationships in a positive learning environment in which each student grows and develop skills and talents.
With Preschool to Year 12 sharing one campus, IGS is uniquely placed to focus on the learning continuum of each of our students. Parents, staff and students are welcomed into a family environment in which communication and cooperation are natural and warm.
Consequently, our students find they are given freedoms commensurate to their level of responsibility. Students respond positively to this trust, which enables them to engage more fully in their learning and grow with increased levels of maturity and responsibility.
As IGS fosters positive relationships, all staff at IGS bring the highest level of integrity and respect to their relationships with students, each other and the wider school community.
IGS is committed to providing excellent opportunities for our staff to develop themselves professionally and build their careers. To this end the School has a number of innovative and creative staff programs. These include:
- An extensive professional development program allowing staff to access a range of external and internal educational experts
- Professional development and training programs for non-teaching staff
- An extensive induction program for all new staff
- A specific mentoring program for beginning and early career teachers
- Support processes and mentoring for staff undertaking accreditation with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) and high levels of accreditation through the Independent Schools Teacher Accreditation Authority (ISTAA)
- The Fastbreak Program – an internal voluntary program in which IGS staff run professional development sessions on a wide range of topics
- An Employee Assistance Program conducted by AccessEAP
- Opportunities for salary packaging.