It will also be a wonderful way to spend time with family and friends as our winter holidays begin.
Here are a few ideas to help children learn, interact and engage with people from diverse cultures!
- Enjoy the ongoing IGS PTF Film Festival (details below).
- Listen to songs in different languages.
- Find traditional recipes from a different country and cook up a storm with the family.
- Eat at different ethnic restaurants.
- Take a stroll through Chinatown and have Yum Cha, visit a Korean BBQ or a Teppanyaki restaurant.
- Visit and eat French street-food at a “Parisian Village” in the Rocks and Circular Quay to celebrate the French Bastille Festival kicking off from 14 to 17 July.
Share photos of your cultural experiences at any time with your child’s teacher or you can email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can share these in InFocus and IGS social media.
Enjoy the ongoing IGS PTF Film Festival!
We thank the IGS PTF who continue to organise special screenings of films for the IGS community, with Spanish the next movie, on Sunday 24 July at Palace Cinemas Leichhardt, Cinema 8 (Top Floor) at 10am.
Enjoy Encanto in Spanish! Come ready to dance, sing and have a great time! We’d love to see the kids dressed up too!
Then at noon, stay on for The Kids are Alright, a fun Spanish film the kids will love about kids being left alone on a train!
Tickets are available now via trybooking and must be purchased prior to the day https://www.trybooking.com/
$23 for tickets and fresh, tasty Churros.