We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented assistant to join our dynamic and high performing Art and Design Team. The Art and Design assistant provides technical and administrative support to our team of Design and Technology and Visual Arts Teachers. This role will be an ongoing part time appointment (2 days per week) during school term time.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of work, health and safety practices particularly in relation to workshops in which practical lessons are taking place
- Detailed knowledge of the safe handling of chemicals and other hazardous materials including updating MSDS documentation
- Skills in the operation and maintenance of specialist equipment such as ceramic kiln, laser cutter and etching press
- Experience in the preparation of art and design materials such as ceramics, timber, paints etc.
- Ability and initiative to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
Past experience in an educational setting
Applicants must have a current Working With Children Number for NSW.
Please include contact details of at least 2 referees in your application.
Enquiries to: David Hamper, Deputy Principal Staff and Innovation on 9219 6700 or email@example.com.
For general employment information, click here. To apply for this position, submit your application below.