International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are seeking an outstanding, qualified and passionate Teacher Librarian to coordinate our Primary School Library Services, working in our award winning Bibliothèque, which is a Preschool to Year 12 library and learning hub, at the heart of our campus.
The successful applicant will report to the Director of the Bibliotheque and will have the capacity to inspire in students a love of reading and in-depth learning and research. They will have a thorough knowledge of the NESA K – 6 Curriculum and strong capacity to support teachers in its rich implementation across the Primary School.
They will curate an outstanding collection and build rigorous and engaging learning programs to enhance the educational journey of each and every student. The effective integration of Technology will be a key focus of the role.
Experience in a similar role is highly desirable.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the teaching position requirements and, if applicable, your interest in the Assistant Head of Department role
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related academic qualifications and transcripts, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- proof of identity will be required
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- evidence of Band 2 or 3 classification, as applicable
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy.
Closing Date: 4pm, Friday 2 December 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- applications received after the closing date may not be accepted.
- IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.