International Grammar School is a secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1300 preschool to Year 12 students in a unique multilingual environment.
We are seeking to appoint a temporary, term-time only, Student Support Assistant, to commence Term 1, 2022. This position is for working in a 1:1 capacity with a student with significant special needs, in our primary school.
Note: This role is for one school year. Beyond 2022, the role is dependent upon funding and the student’s continued enrolment and there is provision for a possible extension into 2023.
The role will include providing one-on-one support for the student in modifying and differentiating learning activities, implementing an individual learning plan, organising individual sensory resources and completing day plans to address the student’s social, academic and physical needs.
The student requires assistance with her physical and mobility needs, use of a wheelchair/walker, and assistance with posture, mealtimes and toileting. The role will also include providing regular feedback, via teachers, to parents and carers on the student’s progress, and may involve some liaison with allied health workers.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent knowledge and understanding of working with children with special needs, high quality inter-personal and communication skills, and a strong commitment to supporting a culture of learning developed by the classroom teacher.
Qualifications in the provision of special education support/assistance are highly desirable.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the 2021 NSW Public Health Order
for Education and Care workers
Closing Date: Friday 21 January 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.