International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
In a combined role, we are seeking an outstanding and experienced Teacher of Stage 6 PDHPE, HSC courses and exemplary Assistant Head of Sport and Outdoor Education, to commence in Term 1 2022.
As an experienced Stage 6 PDHPE teacher you will be capable of designing and implementing high-quality programs and cutting edge pedagogy across the NESA PDHPE curriculum, with determination to optimise student learning outcomes. You will have the capacity to assist in building an academically engaging, accessible and challenging teaching and learning program.
As Assistant Head of Sport and Outdoor Education, you will be a systematic, purposeful leader, with deep knowledge and understanding of strategies to plan and implement high-quality sporting and outdoor education programs. You will be a model of professionalism and positivity, communicating and promoting excellence in all that you do.
You will support the Head of PDHPE, Sport and Outdoor Education in fostering a love of Sport and Outdoor Education across the School, providing students with an informed appreciation of the vital role physical activity and positive outdoor pursuits contribute to developing students who are connected, vibrant and authentic. You will manage your portfolio with creativity, innovation, diligence, fairness and efficiency. You will contribute to the intellectual and cultural life of our School.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement and NESA PD Summary
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the 2021 NSW Public Health Order
for Education and Care workers
Closing Date: Monday 10 January 2022
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Interviews may commence prior to the closing date, and the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.