Part-time temporary – Semester One 2023
International Grammar School is a secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 students in a unique multilingual environment.
With our School’s long tradition of emphasis on and excellence in the teaching of languages, we are seeking to appoint an exemplary and inspiring Stage 3 and High School Japanese Teacher for Terms 1 and 2, 2023, covering for a member of staff who will be on parental leave. This role is expected to be approximately 0.5 FTE, but this load may vary according to the needs of the School.
Outstanding candidates will be collaborative, show initiative, be fluent in Japanese, and have a strong understanding of Japanese culture. A thorough knowledge of the NESA High School Japanese Syllabus and Stage 3 courses, and well-developed skills in using ICT for authentic and meaningful learning experiences will be highly advantageous.
Our Japanese language teacher will have a strong academic background, be an exemplary role model of professionalism and collegiality, and will perform their role with integrity, enthusiasm and energy.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- evidence of Band 2 or 3 classification, as applicable
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy.
- 4pm Monday 17 October 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date (and the position may be filled prior to the closing date).
- Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.