Full-Time Temporary Position (Parental leave)
International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
The School is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and committed person to join our Communications and Community Relations team in this exciting and innovative role. With an anticipated commencement in November 2022 at the latest, this role is a 12 month, full-time temporary position, replacing a staff member on parental leave.
Working closely with the Director of Media and Communications, this temporary role involves creating, monitoring and moderating our social media engagement, overseeing the production of major school publications, including photography, copywriting and editing of materials, and assisting in engagement with the School community.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated, effective experience in:
- creating and editing news items for virtual and print publications
- using databases, content management systems (CMS) and electronic direct mail (EDM)
- creating and moderating social media content and analysing engagement
- creating and editing written materials and video content
- design and videography skills.
They will possess
- strong organisational skills, speed and adaptability for a wide variety of tasks
- attention to detail
- a keen sense of customer service and an excellent work ethic
- highly developed written and verbal communication skills and professional presentation
- skills for collaborative team work and working independently.
- Experience in donor relations
- Confidence taking and editing photographs
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy.
Closing Date: Tuesday 1 November 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note that the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.