International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
The School is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and committed person to join our Communications and Community Relations team in this exciting and innovative role.
Working closely with the Director of Media and Communications, this ongoing role involves creating, monitoring and moderating our social media engagement, creating a weekly e-newsletter for our community, and assisting with the creation of a range of publications and marketing materials and with select events, including engaging with the alumni and parent communities. This role also involves aspects of event management.
The successful applicant will have:
- demonstrated experience creating and editing news items for virtual and print publications
- demonstrated experience with accessing information from databases, content management systems (CMS) and electronic direct mail (EDM)
- demonstrated experience in creating and moderating social media content and analysing engagement
- skills in coordinating events or event management
- demonstrated skills in creating and editing written materials and video content
- excellent attention to detail
- strong organisational skills, and be a quick worker who can adapt to a variety of tasks
- a keen sense of customer service and an excellent work ethic
- highly developed verbal communication skills and professional presentation.
- Experience in donor relations
- Confidence taking and editing photographs
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply, please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 to 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy.
Closing Date: Monday 25 July 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date (and the position may be filled prior to the closing date – as required).
- Applications received after the closing date and time may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.