This temporary full time position calls for an enthusiastic School Nurse to join our team. This role will primarily involve managing the School’s sick bay, dealing with illness and minor injuries to students, staff and visitors.
The role will also involve:
- Working with a colleague to manage student daily absences, ensuring absences and late students are correctly recorded and if required, appropriately followed up with parents
- Identify patterns of student attendance and implement mitigation strategies in consultation with wellbeing staff
- Management of student medical and health records
- Maintaining first aid supplies and ensuring they are ready for use
- Accurate recording of incidents into the Register of Injuries
The position is a fixed term contract for the period 16 July 2018 to 28 September 2018, replacing a staff member on leave. The working hours will be 7.30am to 3.30pm. This position will work closely with the Administration team, and will report through the Administration Manager to the Deputy Principal Students and Campus Life.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold a relevant and recognised nursing qualification
- Be a registered nurse with full registration with the National Nursing and Midwifery Board
- Have experience with children and young people
They will also have well-developed technology skills, particularly in the use of databases, email and the MS Office suite. They will have good written and verbal communication skills, an ability to learn new skills and processes, and an ability to work well with others.
Applicants must have a current Working With Children Number for NSW or be in the process of obtaining one. Please ensure that details are included in your application.
Please include contact details of at least 2 referees in your application.
Enquiries to: David Hamper, Deputy Principal Staff and Innovation on 92196700 or email@example.com