Full-Time Temporary Position (Parental Leave)
International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are now seeking a School Counsellor to join our Wellbeing Team. Commencing in January 2023, this role is a one year, full-time temporary position, replacing a staff member on parental leave.
This role calls for a dynamic and passionate School Counsellor to provide student mental health and wellbeing services.
The successful applicant will have:
Appropriate tertiary qualifications that confer eligibility to membership of the Australian Psychological Society
demonstrated experience in working with children and adolescents
highly developed written and verbal communication skills
demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse team, and to work independently.
Experience in working in a school setting
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
● address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
● a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
● your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
● the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
● your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
● copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated
● as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
● additional proof of identity may also be required
● COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy
Closing Date: 4pm, Tuesday 25 October 2022
● Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note that the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
● Applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.