International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are now seeking a School Counsellor to join our Wellbeing Team. Commencing in January 2023, this role is a one year, full-time temporary position, replacing a staff member on parental leave.
This role calls for a dynamic and passionate School Counsellor to provide student mental health and wellbeing services.
The successful applicant will have:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications that confer eligibility to membership of the Australian Psychological Society
- demonstrated experience in working with children and adolescents
- highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse team, and to work independently.
- Experience in working in a school setting
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications, training and transcripts, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- proof of identity will be required
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy
Closing Date: 4pm, Friday 7 October 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note that the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.