International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are now seeking a School Counsellor to join our Wellbeing Team from Term 1 2022.
This role calls for a dynamic and passionate School Counsellor to provide student mental health and wellbeing services. Appropriate tertiary qualifications that confer eligibility to membership of the Australian Psychological Society are essential.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in working with children and adolescents, have highly developed written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrate ability to collaborate with a diverse team.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the 2021 NSW Public Health Order
for Education and Care workers
Closing Date: Friday 29 October 2021
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.