Full time, temporary position for Term Two 2023
International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are seeking an outstanding, qualified primary teacher to join our dynamic Primary School, in a full time, temporary capacity for Term Two 2023, to cover for a staff member who is taking leave.
The Primary School seeks to be innovative and inspiring in teaching and learning, through the delivery of a high quality, challenging and well-planned primary curriculum. In addition, all students undertake a portion of their learning in one of our core languages and are provided with wonderful opportunities in the Creative and Performing Arts.
The successful applicant will have the capacity to stimulate in their students, a love of learning, to implement differentiation strategies, effectively integrate technology, and create authentic and meaningful learning experiences. They will possess the ability to work collaboratively and have a thorough knowledge of the NESA Primary Curriculum. Experience in a similar role is desirable.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the teaching position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related academic qualifications and transcripts, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- proof of identity will be required
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- evidence of Band 2 or 3 classification, as applicable
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy.
Closing Date: 4pm, Wednesday 1 March 2023
- applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- applications received after the closing date may not be accepted
- IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.