FULL TIME, TEMPORARY POSITION, FOR TERMS 1-4 2023
International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are seeking an outstanding, qualified primary teacher to join our dynamic Primary School, in a full time, temporary capacity for Terms 1 to 4 2023, to cover for a staff member who is taking leave.
The Primary School seeks to be innovative and inspiring in teaching and learning, through the delivery of a high quality, challenging and well-planned primary curriculum. In addition, all students undertake a portion of their learning in a language other than English and are provided with wonderful opportunities in the Creative and Performing Arts.
The successful applicant will have the capacity to stimulate in their students, a love of learning, to implement differentiation strategies, effectively integrate technology, and create authentic and meaningful learning experiences. They will possess the ability to work collaboratively and have a thorough knowledge of the NESA Primary Curriculum. Experience in a similar role is desirable.
To apply for this position, please submit your application below.
For general employment information, visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related academic qualifications and transcripts, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- evidence of Band 2 or 3 classification, as applicable
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy.
Closing Date: 4pm, Wednesday 11 January 2023
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note the position may be filled prior to the closing date).
- Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.