Full time ongoing role, commencing from Term 4 2022
International Grammar School is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five
sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students all learning in a dynamic and unique
We are seeking an outstanding qualified, passionate and experienced Primary Music
Teacher (K-6) including a coordination role as Head of Choral (K-12), to commence in Term
4 2022 in an ongoing, full-time capacity. A commencement date of Term 1 2023 may be
negotiated with the successful applicant, as applicable.
To be successful in this role you will have a passion for Music, a thorough understanding of the NESA Music Syllabuses, experience in Kodály and/or Orff-Schulwerk Methodologies, well-developed technology skills, and the capacity to create engaging learning experiences and inspire in your students a love of learning.
As a dedicated teacher, with a strong academic background, you will be exemplary in your
professionalism and collegiality, performing your role with integrity, enthusiasm and energy.
Capacity to teach across Stages 1-3, together with experience in conducting choirs, would
more about International Grammar School. A capacity to embrace the School’s culture,
values and Code of Conduct is essential to this position.
To apply please:
● address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan
● a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
● your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
● the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
● your current NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
● copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or
● NESA Accreditation number and details
● NESA Summary Statement
● as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful
candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
● additional proof of identity may also be required
● evidence of Band 3 classification, as applicable
● COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination
Closing Date: Friday 19 August 2022
● Applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Interviews may commence
prior to the closing date and the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
● Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the
right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.