International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are seeking an outstanding Piano Tutor – Accompanist to join our great team of passionate music educators, within our well established piano studio, and with opportunity to expand the role in the future.
The successful applicant will:
- Provide piano tuition to students of all ages and abilities
- Encourage and prepare students for concerts, examinations and competitions
- Accompany students for assessments, concerts and examinations to HSC Music equivalent
- Work as part of a team to achieve departmental goals
- Tertiary qualification piano (Performance and/or Pedagogy)
- Enthusiasm, punctuality, commitment and reliability, with ongoing availability during School terms
- Excellent communication and record keeping skills
- Technological capabilities e.g. on-line platforms, Microsoft and Google experience
- Collaborative and effective teamwork in a busy Music Department
- Experience working with children from Kindergarten to Year 12 and HSC preparation
- At least one year of teaching experience in individual and/or small group lessons
- Experience assisting students and ensemble directors, and potentially directing ensembles as required
- Availability on Tuesday mornings 7.15-8.30am, Tuesday lunchtimes 12.15-1.15pm and Thursday afternoons 3-4.15pm
- Availability throughout the year to support School performances at Concerts, Assemblies and Tours
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the 2021 NSW Public Health Order for Education and Care workers
Closing Date: Wednesday 12 January 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date and the role may be filled prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.