International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1300 preschool to Year 12 students in a unique multilingual environment.
The Payroll Officer is a member of the Finance Team. The primary role is to manage the School’s payroll to ensure on-time and accurate payment of staff and associated payments to the Australian Tax Office, superannuation funds and other authorised entities.
You will provide full payroll and administrative services for the School, including
- Processing and payment of payroll
- Assist with award interpretation and monitoring
- Manage payroll discrepancies and escalated as required
- Collate and process leave applications, timesheets and adjustments
- Calculate and manage payroll deductions, such as salary packaging
- Processing related to new staff members, staff terminations and changes
- Manage the general ledger integration between the payroll, general school database and HRIS
- Manage staff inquires relating to payroll issues, escalating matters required
- Assist with financial reporting, WGEA, forecasting and monthly and year end annual financial audit
This is a full time appointment effective as soon as can be arranged, working Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 4.00pm or equivalent.
This role calls for an enthusiastic, well qualified and experienced Payroll Officer, who has:
- experience and preferably, post school qualifications in payroll management
- well-developed technology skills, particularly in the use of databases, email, MS Office and Google Suite, and preferably an HRIS
- excellent administration skills and meticulous attention to detail
- well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- highest levels integrity and honesty and confidentiality
- a collegial approach and professional currency
- the ability to learn new skills and processes, including implementation and use of the School’s new HRIS throughout payroll processes
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the 2021 NSW Public Health Order for Education and Care workers
Closing Date: Wednesday 12 January 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date and the role may be filled prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.