International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are seeking an outstanding Oboe/Bassoon Tutor to join our great team of passionate music educators, within our well established studio, and with opportunity to expand the role in the future. This role operates during Term Time and will commence as soon as possible in Term One 2023, with hours to be determined.
- experience teaching Oboe and Bassoon at various levels from Years 3 -12
- demonstrated, high level of performance ability on a double reed instrument
- ability to work alongside a dynamic Wind, Brass, and Percussion team
- willingness to contribute to both instrumental lessons and ensemble programs
- flexibility to attend after hours events and concerts
- Enthusiasm, punctuality, commitment and reliability, with ongoing availability during School terms
- Excellent communication and record keeping skills
- competent use of ICT to effectively prepare timetables, write reports, and communicate positively with parents
- willingness to adopt Kodaly/Orff Schulwerk classroom methodologies into teaching practice
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications, training and transcripts, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- proof of identity will be required
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy
Closing Date: 4pm, Wednesday 25 January 2023
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted.
- IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.