International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
The School has a new, award winning Bibliothèque which provides a Preschool to Year 12 library and learning hub to inspire a deep love of reading and of research, and to build the intellectual life of our School.
We are seeking a full time Library Technician to support the Director of the Bibliothèque in carrying out a complete range of operational functions to ensure the smooth running of the Bibliothèque such as:
- preparing and organising resources and materials for circulation
- front of house duties, including operating the service desks and assisting users in finding information
- managing magazine and newspaper subscriptions
- supporting the maintenance and promotion of library based technology and e-services including the library management system (Destiny), libguides, Clickview, e-book platforms and databases
- contributing to the effective and efficient use of the Bibliothèque and its resources.
This is a full time appointment, during school term time only, effective from the commencement of Term 1 2022, working Monday to Friday, with scope for flexibility around working hours.
The successful applicant will have experience and success in a library setting, excellent attention to detail and highly proficient ICT skills with the capacity to learn about new ICT tools. They will have a passion for reading and learning, be able to demonstrate a strong customer service focus and a capacity to work independently and with flexibility.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the 2021 NSW Public Health Order for Education and Care workers
Closing Date: Monday 13 December 2021
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.