Ongoing role, part time – Term time only
Commencing Term 1 2023
International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
The School has a new, award winning Bibliothèque which provides a Preschool to Year 12 library and learning hub to inspire a deep love of reading and of research, and to build the intellectual life of our School.
This is an ongoing appointment, working during school term time only, across five days per week, hours ranging from 8am – 6pm, and commencing as soon as possible in Term One 2023.
We are seeking a Library Services Specialist to oversee all aspects of the Bibliothèque’s day-to-day operation and delivery of library and information services across the School, providing support and assistance to the Director of the Bibliothèque and Teacher Librarians.
Services to be provided include:
- cataloguing and management of library resources
- maintaining and promoting library-based technology and e-services including the Library Management System (Destiny), Libguides, OPACs, e-book platforms, Clickview and databases, liaising with IT staff where necessary
- creating a library environment that is engaging and encourages a passion for reading and research
- creating physical and digital displays
- maintaining a calendar of significant events so that resources are readily available to staff and students, including eResources, such as e-book platforms and databases.
- supervise Library Assistants, volunteers and the Bibliothèque Crew on a day to day basis.
The successful applicant will:
- hold a relevant TAFE diploma or certificate in Library and Information Services, or hold equivalent experience
- have experience working in a school, tertiary education or public library
- possess highly effective skills for teamwork and be a life-long learner with a passion for developing their professional skills and knowledge.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications, training and transcripts, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- proof of identity will be required
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy
Closing Date: 4pm, Monday 25 January 2023
- applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted
- IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.