International Grammar School is a vibrant, secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1300 preschool to Year 12 students in a unique multilingual environment.
You will provide Human Resource, Recruitment and administrative services and support to the Director of Human Resources.
This diverse Generalist role has specific responsibilities for:
- Ensuring all HR administration, policies and advisory services are current
- Thorough maintenance of all records and registers and generating of correspondence
- Recruitment, induction, training and WHS procedures are provided
- Return to Work Coordination and understanding of WorkCover matters
- Supporting the implementation of a new HR information system (HRIS) in the workplace
This is a full-time appointment effective as soon as can be arranged, working Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm or equivalent.
This role calls for an enthusiastic person with experience as a HR Coordinator, Advisor or Generalist. You will demonstrate well-developed technology skills, particularly in the use of databases, email and the MS Office and Google suite, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, thorough attention to detail and the ability to learn new skills and processes. As this role is a customer service position, excellent interpersonal skills will be required.
The ideal candidate will be a tertiary qualified HR professional and have acquired skills in:
- the implementation &/or administration of HRIS or similar systems
- HR policies and procedures
- Development of Employment Contracts and correspondence
- Induction of new staff
- Workers Compensation, Enterprise Agreements & Industrial Relations
- Experience as a Return to Work Coordinator
- Management of day to day Human Resources issues
- Experience in a school or Not-For-Profit organisation is desirable
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent Employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your Date of Birth.
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- as applicable, details of your Visa or Work Permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required.
Closing Date: Friday 3 September 2021
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possiblee.