Part-time, ongoing from Term One 2023
International Grammar School is a secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 in a unique multilingual environment.
With our School’s long tradition of emphasis on and excellence in the teaching of languages, we are seeking to appoint an exemplary and inspiring Spanish Teacher for our High School Languages Department from Term One 2023. This part time, ongoing role is expected to have a load of approximately 0.73 FTE, but this may vary according to the needs of the School.
Outstanding candidates will be collaborative, show initiative, be fluent in Spanish, and have a strong understanding of Spanish culture. A knowledge of the NESA Kindergarten to Year 10 Spanish Syllabus and Stage 6 courses, and well-developed skills in using ICT for authentic and meaningful learning experiences, will be highly advantageous.
Our Spanish language teacher will have a strong academic background, be an exemplary role model of professionalism and collegiality, and will perform their role with integrity, enthusiasm and energy.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the teaching position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related academic qualifications and transcripts, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- proof of identity will be required
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- evidence of Band 2 or 3 classification, as applicable
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy.
Closing Date: 4pm, Wednesday 11 January 2023
- applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- applications received after the closing date may not be accepted
- IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.