International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are seeking a well qualified, experienced and passionate Music teacher to join our student centred, future focused team to bring creativity and originality in further enhancing the profile of the IGS Music program.
The successful applicant will have the capacity to inspire in their students a love of learning and to implement differentiation strategies, integrate technology in the classroom, and create authentic and meaningful learning experiences. Experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Music teaching experience across Stages 4, 5 & 6
- Strong skills and experience in leading and conducting beginner Concert Bands
- Knowledge Orff-Schulwerk and/or Kodaly Teaching Methodologies
- Instrumental/Vocal pedagogy
- Piano Accompaniment is preferred, but not essential
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- evidence of COVID 19 vaccination status may be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the 2021 NSW Public Health Order
for Education and Care workers
Closing Date: Friday 29 October 2021
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.