| Part-time, temporary for Semester 2, 2022 |
International Grammar School is a secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 in a unique multilingual environment.
With our School’s long tradition of emphasis on and excellence in the teaching of languages, we are seeking to appoint an exemplary and inspiring Italian and Spanish Teacher for our High School Languages Department, commencing as soon as possible in Term 3, for the duration of Semester 2 2022. The part time load will depend upon the successful applicant’s skills.
Outstanding candidates will be collaborative, show initiative, be fluent in either or both Italian and Spanish, and have a strong understanding of Italian and Spanish culture. A knowledge of the NESA Kindergarten to Year 10 Italian and/or Spanish Syllabus, and well-developed skills in using ICT for authentic and meaningful learning experiences will be highly advantageous.
Our Italian and Spanish language teacher will have a strong academic background, be an exemplary role model of professionalism and collegiality, and will perform their role with integrity, enthusiasm and energy.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- evidence of Band 3 classification, as applicable
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy
Closing Date: Wednesday 15 June 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date (and the position may be filled prior to the closing date).
- Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.