International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are seeking to appoint an exemplary Head of Music Performance from Semester 2 2022, as an ongoing full time appointment.
The Head of Music Performance has the primary responsibility for leading and developing all aspects of the School’s instrumental and ensemble program that builds on the breadth, depth and quality of student performance of Music, across the Early Learning, Primary and High School. This role is inclusive of curriculum development linked to the integration of the instrumental studies into the academic program.
The successful applicant will conduct a variety of ensembles and plan for the yearly concert series and performances at a range of school events. The role will also include the oversight of music tutors, including peripatetic staff, to ensure that they work to inspire excellence in student performance.
Our ideal Head of Music Performance will be creative, energetic, experienced and well organised, with a deep knowledge of Kodály and Orff pedagogy, will value partnerships with parents and staff, and continue to pioneer enriching educational experiences for students. With proven conducting experience, you will be an exemplary role model of professionalism and collegiality, performing your role with integrity and enthusiasm. We are looking for a passionate educator who wishes to play a significant role in supporting students in both their academic and co-curricular Music studies. Teaching qualifications are therefore desirable for the successful candidate.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- evidence of Band 3 classification, as applicable
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the 2021 NSW Public Health Order for Education and Care workers.
Closing Date: Friday 6 May 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date (and the position may be filled prior to the closing date).
- Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.