International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are seeking an inspiring educator to lead our Mathematics Department.
As Head of Mathematics, you will have a clear and exciting vision for the teaching and learning of your subject area. You will communicate and model excellence in all that you do. Under your guidance, a love of Mathematics will be fostered across the School, together with an informed appreciation of the vital role Mathematics plays in our world. As an energetic and collaborative leader, you will build the breadth and depth, quality and rigour of the Mathematics programs, and of student outcomes, across the School.
As Head of Mathematics, you will be an outstanding teacher and a systematic, purposeful leader, with a deep knowledge and understanding of NESA Mathematics syllabuses, and considerable, successful experience in HSC teaching courses. You will have the capacity to build an academically engaging and accessible teaching and learning program. You will manage your portfolio with creativity, innovation, diligence, fairness and efficiency. You will hold a key role in the intellectual and cultural life of our School.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the 2021 NSW Public Health Order
for Education and Care workers
Closing Date: Friday 5 November 2021
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.