International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are seeking an outstanding and inspiring educational leader with exemplary teaching practice to be our new Head of Kindergarten to Year 2. They will play a key role in the creation of our new Kindergarten centre.
The Head of Kindergarten to Year 2 assists in the effective leadership and management of the Primary School, by assuming oversight of all aspects of the K – 2 education program, championing differentiated and optimal learning for all our students.
They will possess curriculum expertise and currency in all areas of Primary teaching and learning, and student welfare, and an ability to skilfully impart these to teachers K – 2. They will implement best practice in the systematic development of literacy and numeracy.
The Head of Kindergarten to Year 2 will be an energetic, creative, collaborative and strategic leader, with a compelling love of teaching. They will have the capacity to review, enhance and implement policies and procedures to ensure a safe learning environment that is warm and inviting, engaging and productive.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- evidence of COVID 19 vaccination status may be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the 2021 NSW Public Health Order for Education and Care workers
Closing Date: Friday 29 October 2021
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.