International Grammar School is a co-educational secular school with around 1250 students and 180 staff. We have a vibrant multi-building campus located in the heart of Ultimo educational precinct.
The School is seeking an enthusiastic and committed person to join our Facilities team as a general hand. The Facilities department provides a full range of support to all areas of the School including technical, maintenance and function set up support.
This is an ongoing part time role, commencing as soon as possible, working Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. This role involves a range of general duties including event set ups, movement of materials around the campus, and some minor maintenance work. Some out of hours work, for which overtime will be paid, may be required from time to time.
The successful applicant will:
- be physically fit and able to sustain manual work and considerable walking around the campus
- be organised, flexible and able to adapt to a variety of tasks
- have a keen sense of customer service and pride in work
- have a knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) issues
- have an adequate ability to interpret instructions in both written and verbal forms
- have sound technology skills, particularly in the use of databases and email
- have sound verbal communication skills
- Hold an unrestricted Class C driver’s licence
- Basic trade skills and/or experience in the hospitality industry (particularly in function work)
- First aid training*
- Elevated work platform licence*
* This training is desirable but not essential but applicants must be willing to undergo the training at the School’s expense if they are not qualified.
Applicants must have a current Working With Children Number for NSW (or be in the process of applying for one).
Enquiries to: Deputy Principal David Hamper by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9219 6700.
For general employment information, click here. To apply for this position, please submit your application below.