International Grammar School is a secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1300 preschool to Year 12 students in a unique multilingual environment. The learning of languages is at the centre of an IGS education, and Primary students experience partial immersion for 80 minutes a day from Year 1.
IGS is seeking an outstanding Primary School French Teacher to commence during Term 1 2022.
The successful candidate will be collaborative, show initiative, be fluent in French and have an in depth understanding of French culture. A knowledge of the NESA Kindergarten to Year 10 French Syllabus and Stage 6 courses, and well-developed skills in using ICT for authentic and meaningful learning experiences will be highly advantageous.
Our Primary School French Teacher will have a strong academic background, be an exemplary role model of professionalism and collegiality and will perform their role with integrity, enthusiasm and passion.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement and NESA PD Summary
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- evidence of COVID 19 vaccination status may be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the 2021 NSW Public Health Order
for Education and Care workers
Closing Date: Monday 22 November 2021
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.