Full time ongoing role, commencing from Term 1 2023
International Grammar School is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students all learning in a dynamic and unique bilingual environment.
We are seeking an outstanding qualified, passionate and experienced English teacher to commence in Term 1 2023 in an ongoing, full time capacity.
To be successful in this role you will have a passion for English, a thorough understanding of the NESA English Syllabuses, well-developed technology skills, and the capacity to create engaging, differentiated learning experiences and inspire in your students a love of learning.
As a dedicated teacher, with a strong academic background, you will be exemplary in your professionalism and collegiality, performing your role with integrity, enthusiasm and energy.
Capacity to teach across all Stages, together with experience in teaching HSC English, would be advantageous.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the teaching position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related academic qualifications and transcripts, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- proof of identity will be required
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- evidence of Band 2 or 3 classification, as applicable
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy.
Closing Date: 4pm, Friday 25 November 2022
- applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- applications received after the closing date may not be accepted
- IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.