Full time ongoing role, commencing from Term 4 2022
International Grammar School is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five
sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students all learning in a dynamic and unique
We are seeking an outstanding qualified, passionate and experienced English teacher to
commence in Term 4 2022 in an ongoing, full time capacity. An earlier start date may be
negotiated with the successful applicant.
To be successful in this role you will have a passion for English, a thorough understanding of
the NESA English Syllabuses, well-developed technology skills, and the capacity to create
engaging learning experiences and inspire in your students a love of learning.
As a dedicated teacher, with a strong academic background, you will be exemplary in your
professionalism and collegiality, performing your role with integrity, enthusiasm and energy.
Capacity to teach across all Stages, together with experience in teaching HSC English,
would be advantageous.
values and Code of Conduct is essential to this position.
To apply please:
● address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
● a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
● your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
● the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent
You will need to provide:
● your current NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
● copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or
● NESA Accreditation number and details
● NESA Summary Statement
● as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful
candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
● additional proof of identity may also be required
● evidence of Band 3 classification, as applicable
● COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination
Closing Date: Monday 22 August 2022
● Applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Interviews may commence
prior to the closing date and the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
● Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the
right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.