Full time ongoing role, commencing from Term 1 2023
International Grammar School is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students all learning in a dynamic and unique bilingual environment.
We are seeking an outstanding qualified, passionate and experienced English/History teacher to commence in Term 1 2023 in an ongoing, full time capacity.
To be successful in this role you will have a passion for English and History, a thorough understanding of the related NESA Syllabuses, well-developed technology skills, and the capacity to create engaging, differentiated learning experiences and inspire in your students a love of learning.
As a dedicated teacher, with a strong academic background, you will be exemplary in your professionalism and collegiality, performing your role with integrity, enthusiasm and energy.
Capacity to teach across Stages 4 to 6, together with experience in teaching HSC English and/or History would be advantageous.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the teaching position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related academic qualifications and transcripts, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- proof of identity will be required
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- evidence of Band 2 or 3 classification, as applicable
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy.
Closing Date: 4pm, Wednesday 25 January 2023
- applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- applications received after the closing date may not be accepted
- IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.