International Grammar School is a vibrant and dynamic school located in the heart of Sydney’s educational and technology precinct. The School has a current enrolment of 1,250 students in a multi-building campus.
Our dynamic and innovative Early Learning department offers a unique Languages program that immerses children in an intercultural and diverse environment.
We are seeking an outstanding Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) to join our team from the start of Term 2 for the remainder of 2018, replacing a staff member on maternity leave. This role is a wonderful opportunity for an outstanding ECT who is passionate about teaching our youngest learners.
Early Learning Teachers are supported by a team of educators in our Early Learning program, catering to children aged three to five. Languages are an integral part of this program, but ECTs are not required to deliver this part of the Early Learning program, as this is delivered by specialist Language educators.
Early Learning teachers at IGS receive the same pay and conditions as Primary and High School teachers and are not required during school vacation time.
The successful applicant will be able to create an environment in which the care and development of children is maintained at all times. They will work in collaboration with other members of the team to meet the values and goals of the School and have a thorough understanding of the Early Years Framework.
We are looking for someone who meets the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Teaching / Education (Early Childhood) or ACECQA assessed equivalent qualifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Framework.
- Current First Aid Certificate and Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates.
- The ability to interact in a respectful manner with children, families and colleagues.
- Highly ethical and professional in all aspects of their work and have high level communication skills.
Applicants must have a current Working With Children Number for NSW (or be in the process of applying for one).
Enquiries to: David Hamper, Deputy Principal Staff and Innovation on 02 9219 6700 or firstname.lastname@example.org