International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are seeking a qualified Early Learning Teacher for our Early Learning Centre, commencing 21 January, Term 1 2022. Highlights:
- Full time 12 month position covering maternity leave
- Work during school terms, access to leave in term breaks
- High staff to child ratios and generous programming time
- High quality resources and beautiful campus facilities
Our Early Learning Centre is supported by qualified, dedicated and passionate teachers and educators who love what they do. We nurture each child’s curiosity, self-discovery and creativity in an environment rich in languages, music and vibrant opportunities. Through our innovative program we embrace diversity and celebrate personal achievement.
We have a rare opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced university qualified Early Childhood Teacher to join our dynamic program which encourages children aged 3-5 years to explore and discover their world and supports the joy of learning another language – our School’s unique offering.
Successful applicants will work alongside an extraordinary team of Teachers and Educators, with the support of the Early Learning Leadership team to promote the foundations of a lifelong love of learning immersing children in an intercultural and diverse environment.
About the role:
- Work in an independent school, according to school terms with leave provisions during school holiday periods
- Supportive and experienced leadership
- Wide ranging opportunities for professional development
- Support and mentoring regarding Teacher Accreditation and maintenance
- ACECQA recognised university qualification in Early Childhood Teaching
- Active registration with NESA relating to Teacher Accreditation
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training
- Thorough and demonstrated understanding of early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS
- Knowledge and experience of child centred pedagogy such as project based learning and the Reggio Emilia approach
- Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with children and their families
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Current WWCC
- Proficient computer skills
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- evidence of Band 3 classification, as applicable
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the 2021 NSW Public Health Order
for Education and Care workers
Closing Date: Wednesday 8 December 2021
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.