International Grammar School (IGS) is a secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1280 preschool to Year 12 students in a unique multilingual environment.
At the IGS Early Learning Centre we provide a dynamic program which encourages children aged 3 to 5 years to explore and discover their world. Central to this is the learning of languages and music. Through our bilingual immersion program in Early Learning, children engage in authentic and intentional learning of a second language from a choice of 5 languages: German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin) and French.
In the Early Learning program our Teachers and Educators nurture each child’s curiosity, self-discovery and creativity. Through our innovative program we embrace diversity and celebrate personal achievement.
We have a rare and unique opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced university qualified Early Childhood Teacher to join our dynamic program.
The successful applicant will work alongside our professional team of Teachers and Educators, to promote the foundations of a lifelong love of learning.
About the role:
- Full-time, commencing Term 2 2020
- Parental leave position, up to 12 months with possible extension
- Work in an independent school, according to school terms with generous leave provisions during school holiday periods
- Proven experience and ability to lead, develop and coordinate effective learning programs within a safe environment for children aged 3-5 years in accordance with the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Demonstrated strengths-based and individualized approach in supporting children’s learning in collaboration with their families.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective, high quality and positive communication (written and verbal) in relation to children, families and colleagues.
- ACECQA recognised university qualification in Early Childhood Teaching.
- Active registration with NESA relating to Teacher Accreditation.
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications.
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training.
- Thorough and demonstrated understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the NQS.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Current valid NSW WWCC.
In return for your skills and experience you will:
- Experience work/home balance with a term based teaching role and access to leave during school holiday periods.
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our professional team of Teachers and Educators.
- Enjoy high staff to child ratios with 4 staff supporting a class group of up to 29 children.
- Participate in regular mentoring and support with our experienced Early Learning Leadership Team.
- Opportunities to collaborate, attend professional development and access resources and learning environments across the wider school community.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program.
- Be part of a vibrant, professional and innovative school community.
How to apply:
Applications should be addressed to the Head of School Early Learning.
To be considered for this role, applications must include:
- Cover letter outlining your skills and experience as they relate to the essential criteria
- Current curriculum vitae
- Copies of qualification and academic transcripts
- Current NSW WWCC number
- Two current professional referees.
A full position description is available here.
Closing date: Friday 20 March 2020