International Grammar School is a secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1280 preschool to Year 12 students in a unique multilingual environment.
At the IGS Early Learning Centre we provide a dynamic program which encourages children aged 3 to 5 years to explore and discover their world. Central to this is the learning of languages and music. Through our bilingual immersion program children engage in authentic and intentional learning of a second language: German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin) and French.
In the Early Learning program Teachers and Educators nurture each child’s curiosity, self-discovery and creativity. Through the innovative program we embrace diversity and celebrate personal achievement.
We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated university qualified Early Childhood Teacher to join our dynamic program to teach during the school holiday periods.
The successful applicant will work alongside our supportive and professional team of educators, to promote the foundations of a lifelong love of learning immersing children in an intercultural and diverse environment.
About the role:
- School holiday cover position, commencing 14 April 2020.
- The successful applicant will work alongside our educators in the April, June/July, September/October and December/January term breaks, Monday to Friday, supporting the implementation of the Early Learning program during these times.
- Proven experience and ability to implement and develop effective learning programs within a safe environment for children aged 3-5 years in accordance with the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective, high quality and positive communication (written and verbal) in relation to children, families and colleagues.
- ACECQA recognised university qualification in Early Childhood Teaching.
- Active registration with NESA relating to Teacher Accreditation.
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications.
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training.
- Thorough and demonstrated understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the NQS.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with children and their families.
- Current valid NSW WWCC.
In return for your skills and experience you will:
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our professional team of educators.
- Enjoy supporting children’s learning with high staff to child ratios.
- Opportunity to work additional hours during school terms.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program.
- Be part of a vibrant, professional and innovative school community.
How to apply:
Please visit www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au for more details relating to this Teacher role. Applications should be addressed to the Head of School Early Learning. To be considered, applications must include a cover letter outlining your skills and experience as they relate to the essential criteria, current curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic transcripts and contact details of two current professional referees.
A full position description is available here.
Closing Date: Friday 20 March 2020