International Grammar School is a secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1280 preschool to Year 12 students in a unique multilingual environment.
Our Early Learning Centre is supported by qualified, dedicated and passionate teachers and educators that love what they do. We nurture each child’s curiosity, self-discovery and creativity in an environment rich in languages, music and vibrant opportunities. Through our innovative program we embrace diversity and celebrate personal achievement. We encourage children aged 3-5 years to explore and discover their world and supports the joy of learning another language – our school’s unique offering.
We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated university qualified Early Childhood Teacher to join our dynamic program to teach during the school holiday periods.
The successful applicant will work alongside an extraordinary team of educators, to promote the foundations of a lifelong love of learning immersing children in meaningful opportunities to work towards their individual potential in a program underpinned by the Early Years Learning Framework.
About the role:
- School holiday cover position, commencing Monday 29 June 2020
- The successful applicant will work alongside our Educators in the term breaks, Monday – Friday, supporting the implementation of the Early Learning program during these times
- Additional casual work available during term time.
- ACECQA recognised university qualification in Early Childhood Teaching
- Active registration with NESA relating to Teacher Accreditation
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training
- Thorough and demonstrated understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with children and their families
- Current WWCC
- Proficient computer skills.
In return for your skills and experience you will:
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our professional staff
- Have access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Be part of a vibrant, professional and innovative school community in the inner city
A full position description is available here.
How to apply:
For general employment information, please click here. To apply for this position, please submit your application below. Applications should be addressed to the Head of School Early Learning.
Applications must include a cover letter outlining your skills and experience as they relate to the essential criteria, current curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic transcripts and contact details of two current professional referees.