International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
In the Early Learning Centre we nurture each child’s curiosity, self-discovery and creativity in an environment rich in languages, music and vibrant opportunities. Through our innovative program we embrace diversity and celebrate personal achievement.
We are seeking a highly motivated Educator to join our dynamic early learning program which encourages children aged 3-5 years to explore and discover their world and supports the joy of learning another language – our School’s unique offering.
Successful applicants will work alongside our extraordinary team of Teachers and Educators to promote the foundations of a lifelong love of learning immersing children in an intercultural and diverse environment.
This is a temporary, part-time Inclusion Development Funding (IDF) contract position (subject to Government funding and ongoing student enrolment).
About the role:
- Part time (34 hours per week, Monday to Friday) until December 5 2022, with possibility of extension.
- High staff to child ratios with 5 staff supporting the early education of up to 30 children aged 3 to 5 years
- ACECQA recognised Certificate III or Diploma in Early Education and Care.
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications.
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training.
- Understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS.
- Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with children with diverse needs and their families.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Sound computer skills.
In return for your skills and experience you will:
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our professional Teachers and Educators.
- Have access to the Employee Assistance Program.
- Be part of a vibrant, professional and innovative school community.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy.
Closing Date: Wednesday 6 July 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date (and the position may be filled prior to the closing date)
- Applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.