International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
At the International Grammar School Early Learning Centre our qualified, dedicated and passionate teachers and educators love what they do. We nurture each child’s curiosity, self-discovery and creativity in an environment rich in languages, music and vibrant opportunities. Together we embrace diversity and celebrate personal achievement.
We are seeking a highly motivated Educator to join our dynamic early learning program from Term 1 2023, which encourages children aged 3-5 years to explore and discover their world and supports the joy of learning another language – our school’s unique offering. This is a part-time ongoing role initially working from Wednesday to Friday.
You will work alongside our extraordinary team of Early Childhood Teachers and Educators to promote the foundations of a lifelong love of learning and embed Italian language learning opportunities through an immersive and intentional language program within the daily curriculum of the Centre.
- ACECQA recognised Certificate III or Diploma in Early Education and Care
- Fluency in Italian and strong understanding of Italian culture
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training
- Availability to work between the hours of 7.15am – 6.10pm
- Understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with children and their families
- Sound computer skills.
In return for your skills and experience you will:
- Be part of our vibrant school community
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our professional Teachers and Educators
- Participate in regular high quality training and professional development days with the team at the commencement of each school term
- Have daily programming time allocation to prepare learning experiences and documentation
- Experience and access a range of incredible facilities on campus including the Bibliotheque adjacent the Centre
- Enjoy working in a team with high staff to child ratios (4 staff to 21 children)
- Participate in a supportive induction program
- Have access to the Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications, training and transcripts, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- proof of identity will be required
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy
Closing Date: 4pm, Wednesday 25 January 2023
- applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted
- IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.