Full-Time, Ongoing Position
International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are seeking a highly motivated Educator to join our dynamic program which encourages children aged 3-5 years to explore and discover their world and supports the joy of learning another language – our school’s unique offering.
You will work alongside our extraordinary team of Early Childhood Teachers and Educators to promote the foundations of a lifelong love of learning and embed German language learning opportunities through an immersive language program within the daily curriculum.
- ACECQA recognised Diploma in Early Education and Care.
- Fluency in German and strong understanding of German culture.
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications.
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training.
- Availability to work between the hours of 7.30am – 6pm.
- Understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with children and their families.
- Sound computer skills.
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your Date of Birth.
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- as applicable, details of your Visa or Work Permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- proof of identity.
- evidence of COVID-19 Vaccination status may be required.
Closing Date: Thursday 23 September 2021
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible.