International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
At the IGS Early Learning Centre our qualified, dedicated and passionate teachers and educators love what they do. Through our innovative program we embrace diversity and celebrate personal achievement.
We are seeking a highly motivated Educator to join our dynamic Early Learning program which encourages children aged 3-5 years to explore and discover their world and supports the joy of learning another language – our School’s unique offering.
The successful applicant will work alongside our extraordinary team of Teachers and Educators to promote the foundations of a lifelong love of learning immersing children in a unique program underpinned by the IGS Language and Music programs.
This is a full time, temporary role expected to commence September 2022 with the opportunity to commence part time immediately. The role is a maternity leave cover until September 2023.
View the position description in full here.
- ACECQA recognised Certificate III or Diploma in Early Education and Care
- current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications
- current ACECQA approved Child Protection training or willingness to obtain
- availability to work between the hours of 7.15am – 6.10pm though the successful applicant will enjoy working a regular shift pattern
- understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS
- self-motivated and taking initiative
- demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with children and their families
- competent computer skills.
In return for your skills and experience you will:
- join an Early Learning program which is nestled in the heart of our wonderful School, working alongside our professional Teachers and Educators
- be supported with the IGS Early Learning Staff Induction program and have access to ongoing mentoring from highly experienced professionals
- access opportunities to participate in regular training and professional development – 4 student free days per year
- have access to the Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy.
Closing Date: Friday 12 August 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date (and the position may be filled prior to the closing date).
- Applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.