International Grammar School (‘IGS’) is a secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1270 preschool to Year 12 students in a unique multilingual environment.
Our Early Learning Centre is staffed by qualified, dedicated and passionate teachers and educators who love what they do. Our staff nurture each child’s curiosity, self-discovery and creativity in an environment rich in languages, music and vibrant opportunities. Through an innovative program, we embrace diversity and celebrate personal achievement.
We are seeking a highly motivated Educator (full time permanent) to join our dynamic program which encourages children aged 3-5 years to explore and discover their world. We support the joy of learning another language from a choice of Italian, French, Japanese, Mandarin and German – our centre’s unique offering.
We are also seeking casual Educators to be available to work at short notice in the program.
Successful applicants will work alongside our extraordinary team of Teachers and Educators to promote the foundations of a lifelong love of learning immersing children in an intercultural and diverse environment within our school community.
- ACECQA recognised Certificate III or Diploma in Early Education and Care.
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications.
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training.
- Thorough and demonstrated understanding of early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with children and their families.
- Current WWCC
- Proficient computer skills.
In return for your skills and experience you will:
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our professional Teachers and Educators.
- Receive mentoring and support from our experienced Early Learning Leadership Team.
- Opportunities to collaborate and access resources and learning environments across the school.
- Access opportunities to participate in regular training and professional development.
- Have access to the Employee Assistance Program.
- Be part of a vibrant, professional and innovative school community.
How to apply:
Applications should be addressed to the Head of School Early Learning. Please include a cover letter outlining your skills and experience as they relate to the essential criteria, current curriculum vitae, copies of qualifications and transcripts and contact details of two current professional referees.
Please clearly indicate the specific role/s you are applying for.
A comprehensive position description is available here.
For general employment information, please click here. To apply for this position, please submit your application below.
Closing Date: Friday 4 September 2020