International Grammar School is a secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1280 preschool to Year 12 students in a unique multilingual environment.
The Early Learning Centre is staffed by qualified, dedicated and passionate teachers and educators who love what they do. We nurture each child’s curiosity, self-discovery and creativity in an environment rich in languages, music and vibrant opportunities. Through our innovative program we embrace diversity and celebrate personal achievement.
We are seeking a highly motivated Educator to join our dynamic program which encourages children aged 3-5 years to explore and discover their world and supports the joy of learning another language from a choice of Italian, French, Japanese, Mandarin and German – our school’s unique offering.
The successful applicant will work 10am to 5.40pm Monday to Friday alongside our extraordinary team of Teachers and Educators to promote the foundations of a lifelong love of learning immersing children in an intercultural and diverse environment.
In addition to the permanent role, we are also seeking to increase our pool of casual Educators, with regular casual shifts available in the Centre.
- ACECQA recognised Certificate III or Diploma in Early Education and Care
- Strong experience working in an early education and care setting
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training
- Thorough and demonstrated understanding of early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with children and their families
- Current WWCC
- Proficient computer skills.
In return for your skills and experience you will:
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our professional Teachers and Educators
- Receive mentoring and support from our experienced Early Learning Leadership Team
- Have stability of set shifts (permanent Educator role)
- Opportunities to collaborate and access resources and learning environments across the IGS school
- Access opportunities to participate in regular training and professional development
- Have access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Be part of a vibrant, professional and innovative school community
How to apply:
Please specify the role you are applying for (permanent full time or casual Educator). Applications should be addressed to the Head of School Early Learning. Please include a cover letter outlining your skills and experience as they relate to the essential criteria, current curriculum vitae, copies of qualifications and transcripts and contact details of two current professional referees.
Please clearly indicate the specific role/s you are applying for.
For general employment information, please click here. To apply for this position, please submit your application below.
Closing Date: Monday 26 October 2020