The Director of Music has the primary responsibility for leading and developing all aspects of the School’s
The Director of Music is ultimately responsible to the Principal. They report directly to the Deputy Principal Academic Operations. Direct reports include the Head of Primary Music, the Head of Music Performance and the Music Administrator.
- Provide inspiring leadership of School’s music program to build the breadth, depth and quality of the study and performance of Music across the whole school.
- Lead and manage the Music Department staff and tutors Provide a role model of professional behaviour including quality teaching, positive and ethical behaviour, appropriate professional conduct and attention to detail and personal time management.
- Act as a mandatory reporter for the purposes of child protection In collaboration with the Head of Primary Music, implement a consistent approach to the development, scope and sequence and teaching of the Music program across the School.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Music curriculum program in compliance with NESA requirements.
- In collaboration with the Head of Music Performance, develop, implement and review the School’s co-curricular music program.
- Advise the School Leadership Team on the Music program and the developments in Music education in NSW and beyond.
- Ensure that operational systems within the Music Department are efficient and meet School, WHS and NESA requirements.
- Monitor and provide feedback to teachers within the Music Department on their professional practice.
- Provide guidance, support and mentoring to staff regarding teacher accreditation.
- Collaborate and lead the Music staff in the setting of personal professional goals as well as departmental goals and action plans.
- Actively participate in the setting of educational goals, policies and programs for the whole School.
- Work collaboratively to develop a culture of academic and performance excellence within the Music Department and the wider School.
- Manage departmental resources, storage and teaching spaces.
- Manage the Music Department budget.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Director of Music will have:
- an outstanding record as a classroom Music teacher, who has considerable experience in teaching all levels of the music curriculum
- demonstrated abilities to develop and critically evaluate Music programs
- demonstrated administrative skills, including time management of self and others demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances to lead the Music department through periods of change
- demonstrated ability to form and implement a vision for Music education and to contribute to the broader strategic direction of the School
To succeed in this portfolio you will:
- have a passion for Music in all its forms
- have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- have flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances
- be a collaborative and empathetic leader with the ability to be decisive and directional where situations demand
- be a life-long learner who actively seeks to expand their professional knowledge and enhance their professional practice
Please email your applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org