International Grammar School is one of Australia’s leading languages schools, offering six languages through a partial bilingual immersion program in our Global Learning Centre. Our 1300 students, from preschool to Year 12, are educated in a unique bilingual environment. The learning of languages has been at the heart of an IGS education since the School’s
inception in 1984.
IGS languages students perform exceptionally well in the HSC and our strategic plan includes an initiative to introduce Aboriginal languages. We have partner schools in France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Japan and China where our exchange program brings life-changing learning opportunities to our students.
We seek to appoint an exemplary Director of Languages to build upon our strong foundations, and applications are invited from language educators in school and tertiary settings.
As Director of Languages you will:
– model excellence in all that you do
– be bilingual or multilingual, with a love of teaching and learning
– be collaborative and inclusive in style, with outstanding communication skills
– have a strong academic background, including relevant postgraduate study
– have an expert grasp and experience in the NSW languages curriculum
– be actively involved in your professional educational community
– bring energy, expertise and creative drive to lead our dedicated languages department in strengthening our curriculum offerings and student achievements, and fostering a love of learning
– possess a deep belief in the benefits of bilingualism and the vital role languages play in the broad liberal education of students.
To apply please:
– address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
– a succinct Cover Letter, 2 – 3 pages, addressing the position requirements
– your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
– the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
– your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
– copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated
– NESA Accreditation number and details, or evidence of eligibility to obtain
– NESA Summary Statement, or evidence of eligibility to obtain
– as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
– additional proof of identity may also be required
– evidence of Band 3 classification, as applicable
– COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy
Closing Date: Friday 9 September 2022
– Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date (and the position may be filled prior to the closing date).
– Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.