International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are now seeking to appoint an exemplary and suitably qualified Director of Information Communications Technology (ICT), commencing in January 2023, to build upon our strong technology services and systems.
The Director of ICT provides the vision and leadership for the development, implementation and integration of ICT across the School. They are responsible for overseeing high quality, solutions-focussed provision of ICT services for learning, administrative and communication purposes across the School, in alignment with the strategic direction and focus of the current IGS Strategic Plan, Into the World 2022-2026.
As Director of ICT you will have:
- relevant tertiary qualifications in ICT management, evaluation and development
- extensive education or industry experience as an ICT leader or Senior Manager in a similarly sized organisation or School
- highly effective and proven ICT project management expertise, and skills for team and personnel development
- a proven capacity to contribute strategically to the wider vision, development and ongoing, seamless implementation and integration of ICT services
The be successful in the role you will have
- inspiring vision and purpose which engages others in meeting shared goals
- outstanding strategic and organisational capacity, and the work ethic, interpersonal skills and attention to detail to bring vision to fruition
- highly developed problem solving and communication skills, both verbal and written
- flexibility and sound judgement to deal promptly and appropriately with unexpected situations and remain calm under pressure
- strong qualities including resilience, patience, respect, integrity and the courage to identify and promptly address areas for improvement or remediation
- drive to embrace and deliver results required by the School
- commitment to life-long learning, actively seeking to enhance professional knowledge and practice and maintain currency with new developments, research and trends.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 2 – 3 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy
Closing Date: 4pm, Friday 25 November 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.