(Ongoing position from Term 2, 2019)
International Grammar School is a vibrant and dynamic co-educational School located in the heart of Sydney’s educational and technology precinct. The School has a current enrolment of 1250 students in a multi building campus and is in the midst of an exciting period of transformation as we implement our strategic plan and reimagine and redesign our campus.
The Director of Human Resources guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies and programs for the School. The Director of Human Resources reports directly to the Principal and is a member of the Leadership Team and the Principal’s Advisory Group. The Director is supported by the Human Resources Officer/Personal Assistant and the Business and Compliance Officer. A full position description is attached.
The Right Candidate
Candidates for the role will hold postgraduate qualifications in human resource management and / or educational administration / leadership. They will have a proven track record in leading a human resources portfolio, preferably in a NSW Independent School and will have a deep knowledge and understanding of teacher accreditation and employment relations.
To succeed in this portfolio you will be:
- An experienced and highly capable leader who is inspired by the opportunity to enhance an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasises quality, continuous improvement and high performance in accordance with the School’s strategic plan
- Passionate and proactive about identifying opportunities for improvement and building the professional capacities of colleagues to ensure the best outcomes for students and the School
- A kind and empathetic leader who is both reflective and decisive
- Knowledgeable, trustworthy, ethical and diligent, with a meticulous eye for detail
- An organised analytical systems-thinker who understands the importance of policy frameworks for the successful development of the organisation
- An enthusiastic individual who is motivated by working both autonomously and collaboratively as a member of the team that leads the School
- A highly skilled communicator in spoken and written forms
- Able to develop and mentor Human Resources staff
Applicants must have a current Working With Children number for NSW (or be in the process of applying for one).
Enquiries should be directed to Jenny Khan, Executive Assistant to the Principal on 92196700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be received by 4pm 4 February 2019.
For general employment information, click here. To apply for this position, submit your application below.